Chiesa di Sant’Antonio Abate

Category

Buildings of worship

Period

1400s

Area

Venice

Presentation

The church was built around 1477 by Martino da Fagagna, commissioned by the community of Teglio. From the beginning, it was linked to the confraternity devoted to St Anthony Abbot. Inside, it preserves some interesting frescoes, dating back to the 15th century (two frescoes with the image of St Sebastian and one with St Anthony of Padua) and to the 16th century (St Agatha and the Baptism of Jesus, with other practically illegible traces). Dating from the end of the 16th or beginning of the 17th century, the front porch has a significant historical and religious value: together with the seat of St Anthony Abbot confraternity, it was one of the meeting places of the heads of families who met in public vicìnia to deliberate on matters concerning the life of Teglio?s civil and religious community.

Services on location

? Acqua
? Corrente elettrica
? Servizi
? Ascensore
? Parcheggio
? Possibilità di pernottamento

Contact