Cimitero austro-ungarico


Buildings of worship


Anni ’20




This ossuary is located inside San Michele al Tagliamento cemetery and includes 10 rows of small half-buried concrete tombstones, with an engraved cross on their upper parts. Below, on small metal plates (placed in 1984 to cover the old, illegible, engravings), names of buried soldiers can be read: there are German, Slavic, Italian, Hungarian, and Rumanian surnames. Also the date of death and sometimes the date of birth is present: the oldest soldier buried there was born in 1863, the youngest in 1900. At the centre of the ossuary there is a cross-shaped marble monument, situated between two cypresses, inaugurated in 1984 when the small ossuary was renovated in cooperation with the Austrian government. Outside the perimeter there is a truncated-cone-shaped stone with engravings in Italian and German languages.

Services on location

? Acqua
? Corrente elettrica
? Servizi
? Ascensore
? Parcheggio
? Possibilità di pernottamento