Villa Beatrice d’Este

Category

Castles, villas, palaces

Period

Medieval

Area

Padua

Presentation

Villa Beatrice Naturalistic Museum is located on the top of Mount Gemola, in a panoramic position. It was initially founded as a monastery but converted into a villa in 1657. It was restored in the early '80s and some of its premises were used as Naturalistic Museum of the Euganean Hills. On the outside, the main building retains a monastic severity with a sparing use of decorative elements. Internally, the building has the typical layout of Venetian patrician buildings, with a central hall and open rooms at the sides. The central hall has double height and refined by a Murano glass chandelier, a 17th century balustrade and a beautiful wooden ceiling with geometric compartments. Also significant is the noble oratory annexe to the villa dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The museum exhibition includes sections devoted to insects, reptiles, amphibians, birds and flora of the Euganean Hills.

Services on location

? Acqua
? Corrente elettrica
? Servizi
? Ascensore
? Parcheggio
? Possibilità di pernottamento

Contact